One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a tenancy whereby the tenant agrees to rent a property for a stated term, at the end of which the landlord may recover it.‘an assured shorthold tenancy’
- ‘7A was occupied on an assured shorthold tenancy, producing £55.’
- ‘Alternatively, it could be let on an assured shorthold tenancy for about £400 a month.’
- ‘Mr Shelley said they decided to let tenancies on an assured shorthold basis similar to the private sector.’
- ‘Almost all private landlords will only let properties on a shorthold tenancy, in order to protect their investment.’
- ‘By contrast, assured shorthold tenancies have no security of tenure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.