One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a tenancy whereby the tenant agrees to rent a property for a stated term, at the end of which the landlord may recover it.‘an assured shorthold tenancy’
- ‘By contrast, assured shorthold tenancies have no security of tenure.’
- ‘7A was occupied on an assured shorthold tenancy, producing £55.’
- ‘Almost all private landlords will only let properties on a shorthold tenancy, in order to protect their investment.’
- ‘Alternatively, it could be let on an assured shorthold tenancy for about £400 a month.’
- ‘Mr Shelley said they decided to let tenancies on an assured shorthold basis similar to the private sector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.