Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cat of a short-haired breed.
- ‘Oban is a black shorthair with a beautiful coat aged approximately 6 years old.’
- ‘They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.’
- ‘She has a different coat than her genetic donor, Rainbow, a calico domestic shorthair.’
- ‘As intended, the new name spurred interest, and by the 1970s, the American shorthairs were fully established as one of the most popular cats at pedigree shows.’
- ‘Some shorthairs can be overly protective, while others are not keen on strange animals of any kind.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.