One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cat of a short-haired breed.
- ‘As intended, the new name spurred interest, and by the 1970s, the American shorthairs were fully established as one of the most popular cats at pedigree shows.’
- ‘Some shorthairs can be overly protective, while others are not keen on strange animals of any kind.’
- ‘Oban is a black shorthair with a beautiful coat aged approximately 6 years old.’
- ‘She has a different coat than her genetic donor, Rainbow, a calico domestic shorthair.’
- ‘They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.