One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Crumbly pastry made with flour, fat, and a little water, typically used for pies, flans, and tarts.
crumbly, crispy, crisp, brittle, friableView synonyms
- ‘If good shortcrust had been used instead of filo, the same ingredients could have shone.’
- ‘Organic fillings range from smoked haddock to sausages in onion gravy or simply traditional pork encased in good crumbly shortcrust pastry.’
- ‘Different pastries perform different functions, but whether it is puff, shortcrust or filo, first impressions count.’
- ‘Arrange the prunes on top and cover with shortcrust pastry.’
- ‘Line a large 9-inch pie plate or flan dish with shortcrust pastry, oatmeal pastry or potato.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.