One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe short view
Consideration of the present and immediate future only.‘you will say I was taking the short view’
- ‘That sounds logical, but lots of companies take the short view.’
- ‘It's the nature of the money industry to take the short view, says Kujawa.’
- ‘Taking the short view, no matter the personnel decision, has never been their calling card.’
- ‘The Association recommends that institutions take the long view rather than the short view in determining appropriate responses to matters of tenure density.’
- ‘We need to change the behavior traits that make this media ‘society’ avoid risks and constantly opt for the short view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.