One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounthe short view
Consideration of the present and immediate future only.‘you will say I was taking the short view’
- ‘It's the nature of the money industry to take the short view, says Kujawa.’
- ‘The Association recommends that institutions take the long view rather than the short view in determining appropriate responses to matters of tenure density.’
- ‘Taking the short view, no matter the personnel decision, has never been their calling card.’
- ‘We need to change the behavior traits that make this media ‘society’ avoid risks and constantly opt for the short view.’
- ‘That sounds logical, but lots of companies take the short view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.