Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Consideration of the present and immediate future only.‘you will say I was taking the short view’
- ‘We need to change the behavior traits that make this media ‘society’ avoid risks and constantly opt for the short view.’
- ‘That sounds logical, but lots of companies take the short view.’
- ‘Taking the short view, no matter the personnel decision, has never been their calling card.’
- ‘It's the nature of the money industry to take the short view, says Kujawa.’
- ‘The Association recommends that institutions take the long view rather than the short view in determining appropriate responses to matters of tenure density.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.