Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An abbreviated form of a title of a book or document.
- ‘A short title should tell the media what your ‘hook’ is.’
- ‘Unfortunately there is no bibliography and in the notes the use of short titles without indicating the place of full reference is irritating.’
- ‘Obviously, the debate on the short title will be a lot narrower, but this one is more general.’
- ‘Section 1 of the Act contains the short title to the Act.’
- ‘I want, therefore, to speak to the short title and to the amendments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.