[mass noun] Tennis played on a small court with a small racket and a soft ball, used especially as an introduction to the game for children.
- ‘Sports on offer this summer include short tennis, gymnastics, basketball, trampolining and table tennis.’
- ‘Children can play sports such as football, short tennis, tag rugby and table tennis at this year's Downham Summer Action Scheme.’
- ‘We do a wide range of sports such as hockey, football, cricket and short tennis.’
- ‘We have out-of-school sports clubs every day including rounders, netball, short tennis, basketball, football and swimming.’
- ‘The bulk of the day is made up of workshops, with coaching for athletics, football, short tennis and instruction in kite-making.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.