One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tennis played on a small court with a small racket and a soft ball, used especially as an introduction to the game for children.
- ‘We do a wide range of sports such as hockey, football, cricket and short tennis.’
- ‘Sports on offer this summer include short tennis, gymnastics, basketball, trampolining and table tennis.’
- ‘The bulk of the day is made up of workshops, with coaching for athletics, football, short tennis and instruction in kite-making.’
- ‘We have out-of-school sports clubs every day including rounders, netball, short tennis, basketball, football and swimming.’
- ‘Children can play sports such as football, short tennis, tag rugby and table tennis at this year's Downham Summer Action Scheme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.