Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A short film, typically one shown before the screening of a feature film.
- ‘The Academy has three categories for short subjects; animated, live action and documentaries.’
- ‘This piece features dozens of clips from films and short subjects Smith scored during his lengthy career at the Walt Disney Studios.’
- ‘It also helps if the filmmaker tempers those ambitions with a little humor, which always goes a long way in a short subject.’
- ‘Cartoon buffs may be interested to know that this featurette was Oscar-nominated in 1983 for best short subject.’
- ‘Even better is the collection of law enforcement short subjects.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.