One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A score in which the parts are condensed on to a small number of staves.
- ‘The lost short score dated from October 1906 to April 1907 and the orchestration was apparently completed by mid-January 1908.’
- ‘As a result, the orchestral draft may not always be superior to the short score or composition sketch.’
- ‘I do not write a short score and then orchestrate.’
- ‘Open-score systems were used in Italy from the early 16th century, whereas French and Italian keyboard sources tended to use short scores with staves of from five to eight lines.’
- ‘It consists of a sonata-allegro, complete in full score except for the last 17 bars; the short score of a slow movement; and fragments of a rondo finale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.