One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arithmetical division in which the quotient is written directly without a succession of intermediate workings.
- ‘It is possible to use short division for problems having more than one digit in the divisor.’
- ‘With short division, you divide, multiply, and subtract in your head.’
- ‘I showed the pupil how to use short division to find the answer.’
- ‘To do this by short division we make the long division symbol upside down and carry the remainders like this.’
- ‘Since the standard algorithm has already been introduced, the treatment of short division is easily grasped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.