One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Brief but pleasant or relevant.‘his comments were short and sweet’
concise, brief, succinct, to the point, compact, terse, curt, summary, economical, crisp, short and sweet, pithy, epigrammatic, laconic, pointed, thumbnail, abridged, abbreviated, condensed, synoptic, compendious, summarized, contracted, curtailed, truncatedView synonyms
- ‘Alas, Rowe beat me to it, so I'll keep this short and sweet.’
- ‘Make it short and sweet, meaning no ten page essays.’
- ‘Thanks to mother nature it shall be short and sweet.’
- ‘‘No point in boring the crowd, keep it short and sweet,’ says Tim.’
- ‘Martin Scorsese is a true film buff and knows to keep his comments short and sweet when dealing with The Golden Coach.’
- ‘‘Well that was short and sweet,’ Deed commented on Merkaydi's answer.’
- ‘I won't go further than that, and I'll keep it short and sweet.’
- ‘I am going to keep this short and sweet, but here goes.’
- ‘It's short and sweet so see what you think anyway.’
- ‘Oh, and it's short and sweet and will fit nicely on signs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.