One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting or relating to a race, especially in speed skating or motor racing, which is held over a short track.‘possibly the greatest short-track speed skater in this country's history’‘it was the best short-track car I've had’
- ‘My two favorite night races came down to Terry Labonte vs. Earnhardt - true short-track duels.’
- ‘For the first time, the Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, US, will introduce medals for short-track speed skating.’
- ‘NASCAR's best short-track racer delights in whipping his car around like a tennis ball in a washing machine.’
- ‘Paschal was one of the most accomplished short-track drivers of his time.’
- ‘The team must work as diligently to improve its flat-track program as it did to turn around its short-track performance.’
- ‘He has led 222 laps in short-track competition and had career-high finishes at Darlington, Bristol and Martinsville.’
- ‘He was out here trying out short-track for a few months and I met him.’
- ‘Hardly a night goes by without a short-track race in some corner of the state.’
- ‘I watched his first two races, then stopped, because I hadn't seen any women's short-track speed skating at all.’
- ‘A stage race format that includes off-road time trials, cross-country and short-track events will also be introduced at a couple of rounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.