One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to people staying somewhere for only a short period.‘short-stay accommodation’
- ‘The challenges facing plans for coastal health services include a fast-growing population whose characteristics include a significant number of older residents and a large number of tourists and short-stay visitors.’
- ‘The 43-bed Rosepark nursing home, which is privately owned, has short-stay and long-stay residents and offers day care, respite care and care of the terminally ill and people with mental conditions.’
- ‘As opposed to the usual hotel rooms, which are devoid of kitchen facilities, as serviced apartments, the accommodation in Sunshine Vista is designed for long-stay as well as short-stay residents.’
- ‘It will focus on sub-acute care and surgical short-stay patients, in a partnership with Vancouver General Hospital.’
- ‘The 24 first-floor beds will be dedicated to short-stay patients undergoing orthopaedic and surgical treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.