One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He peered short-sightedly through the windshield.’
- ‘She peered at a guard, squinting short-sightedly.’
- ‘A bearded man peered short-sightedly out at them, dark eyes barely visible under wispy brown bangs that were just starting to grey at the edges, one arm raised to shelter himself from the rain that poured in the door.’
- ‘It short-sightedly looks to the European Central Bank to emancipate it from oppressive regulation.’
- ‘For our Wyoming fossils, we hope to build up a collection at the University; the previous collection was short-sightedly given away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.