One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a delivery) bowled so that the ball bounces relatively near the bowler.‘fast, short-pitched bowling’
- ‘He put in a far improved show and he targeted batsmen with short-pitched deliveries rising to their chest.’
- ‘More recently the number of short-pitched deliveries were restricted and in fact banned in the one day game.’
- ‘Lee, who had earlier been struck on the hand following a barrage of short-pitched deliveries, was asked about the injury.’
- ‘His combination of the short-pitched ball and the yorker could well turn out to be a potent combination in this match.’
- ‘There was quite a lot of bowling down the leg side, bowling in the form of half-volleys, full tossers and short-pitched balls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.