One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a stock or bond) due for early payment or redemption.‘short-dated bonds’
- ‘There's typically been extra yield available for securities with maturities of about 13 months, deemed too long-dated for money-market investors and too short-dated for bond fund managers, the bank said in a research note.’
- ‘If you have spare premiums or short-dated stock, please contact us now.’
- ‘Bond traders believe the fall in the yield in short-dated bonds to record lows last week indicates that a half-point cut to 3% is imminent.’
- ‘Global financial turbulence worked to the advantage of the U.S. credit market, with short-dated Treasuries performing strongly.’
- ‘The traditional safe havens of gold and the Swiss franc rose slightly, as did short-dated bonds in some markets, but the foreign exchange markets were generally quiet in the absence of Tokyo, which was closed for a national holiday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.