One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small European plant with grass-like leaves, growing in mud and shallow water at the edge of ponds.
- ‘Cutting or collecting shoreweed and bottomweed is prohibited from sunset to sunrise and also on Sunday.’
- ‘The specialized flora includes the rare plantain shoreweed, water lobelia, and quillwort.’
- ‘Especially important are the assemblies of peat-bog plants with species like sweetgale, cross-leaved heath, shoreweed, heath rush, tufted bulrush.’
- ‘The figure for shoreweed and water lobelia is based on a sample of 93 fens and dune pools.’
- ‘The 34-foot deep eastern basin has a sand and gravel bottom with a variety of sterile-rosette aquatics including the rare plantain shoreweed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.