One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘The instructions are to turn shoreward with the wall on my right, heading into the reef.’
- ‘Otherwise you might be swimming in the impact zone while watching your board bound shoreward in the white water.’
- ‘The oarsmen hauled in the oars as the men on shore deftly looped their lines through circular holes carved into stone sides of the quay and hauled the ship shoreward.’
- ‘The orbital movements within the wave become more elliptical and the shoreward movement of the water increases until it is greater than the wave velocity.’
- ‘These data demonstrate that a relaxing upwelling front can transport high concentrations of larvae shoreward over the inner shelf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.