One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who works in a shop.
- ‘So when you go shopping on a Saturday, spare a thought for the shopworkers.’
- ‘It is alleged he's threatened to kill some shopworkers.’
- ‘Carol Riddle, 52, a shopworker, said: ‘I know most of my colleagues voted BNP.’’
- ‘He said: ‘I am appalled by the number of incidents of violence and abuse that shopworkers have to deal with on practically a daily basis.’’
- ‘Trisha Staerck, crime reduction officer at Witham police station, said it was an attempt to reduce retail crime in the town and to make shopworkers and customers feel safer.’
- ‘In October another shopworker was subjected to a similar ordeal by a knife-wielding raider.’
- ‘Shopworkers want to be with their families at this time of year, not stuck behind some checkout.’
- ‘Another shopworker in the village said: ‘This is quite awful, my boyfriend is in the RAF and you are left wondering if the people who have died are friends' husbands or other people you might know.’’
- ‘A young shopworker's fear that she could not provide for her unborn baby drove her to crime, York magistrates heard.’
- ‘Although detectives were aware that the shopworker was in immediate danger, they did not know why he was being targeted.’
- ‘Police were today hunting a robber who threatened a shopworker and escaped with a ‘substantial’ sum of cash.’
- ‘The bonuses can vary from a few hundred pounds for a shopworker to several thousand for a head office manager.’
- ‘Mr Nicholl, 48, yesterday urged his daughter's wide circle of friends to come forward with any information that could yield vital clues about the 19-year-old shopworker.’
- ‘The sad reality is that many shopworkers now consider abuse as ‘part of the job’, as it happens regularly, often daily, in many shops and stores.’
- ‘Violence against shopworkers rose substantially last year, according to a new report.’
- ‘Holidaying couples, shopworkers and commuters are making parking for Feltham residents a nightmare, but after two years of waiting, residents have banded together to call for action.’
- ‘Police have issued an appeal for three witnesses who may be able to provide clues to the abduction and assault of a Sheffield shopworker.’
- ‘A campaign to stem the rising levels of violence and verbal abuse facing shopworkers has been backed by Leigh MP Andy Burnham.’
- ‘That is the kind of Christmas Day that we want for Britain's 2.6 million shopworkers.’
- ‘The North Yorkshire Police inquiry has spread across the country since the 19-year-old shopworker was last seen by her parents, Brian and Ann Nicholl, on June 30 at the family home in Richmond.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.