One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who works in a shop.
- ‘Violence against shopworkers rose substantially last year, according to a new report.’
- ‘A young shopworker's fear that she could not provide for her unborn baby drove her to crime, York magistrates heard.’
- ‘He said: ‘I am appalled by the number of incidents of violence and abuse that shopworkers have to deal with on practically a daily basis.’’
- ‘A campaign to stem the rising levels of violence and verbal abuse facing shopworkers has been backed by Leigh MP Andy Burnham.’
- ‘Shopworkers want to be with their families at this time of year, not stuck behind some checkout.’
- ‘Mr Nicholl, 48, yesterday urged his daughter's wide circle of friends to come forward with any information that could yield vital clues about the 19-year-old shopworker.’
- ‘That is the kind of Christmas Day that we want for Britain's 2.6 million shopworkers.’
- ‘Another shopworker in the village said: ‘This is quite awful, my boyfriend is in the RAF and you are left wondering if the people who have died are friends' husbands or other people you might know.’’
- ‘So when you go shopping on a Saturday, spare a thought for the shopworkers.’
- ‘Although detectives were aware that the shopworker was in immediate danger, they did not know why he was being targeted.’
- ‘Trisha Staerck, crime reduction officer at Witham police station, said it was an attempt to reduce retail crime in the town and to make shopworkers and customers feel safer.’
- ‘The North Yorkshire Police inquiry has spread across the country since the 19-year-old shopworker was last seen by her parents, Brian and Ann Nicholl, on June 30 at the family home in Richmond.’
- ‘Holidaying couples, shopworkers and commuters are making parking for Feltham residents a nightmare, but after two years of waiting, residents have banded together to call for action.’
- ‘Carol Riddle, 52, a shopworker, said: ‘I know most of my colleagues voted BNP.’’
- ‘Police have issued an appeal for three witnesses who may be able to provide clues to the abduction and assault of a Sheffield shopworker.’
- ‘The sad reality is that many shopworkers now consider abuse as ‘part of the job’, as it happens regularly, often daily, in many shops and stores.’
- ‘The bonuses can vary from a few hundred pounds for a shopworker to several thousand for a head office manager.’
- ‘Police were today hunting a robber who threatened a shopworker and escaped with a ‘substantial’ sum of cash.’
- ‘In October another shopworker was subjected to a similar ordeal by a knife-wielding raider.’
- ‘It is alleged he's threatened to kill some shopworkers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.