Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An upmarket out-of-town shopping centre.
- ‘She turned the car on and drove around the corner to the shopping village.’
- ‘Aloha shirts, vintage maps, fine art, and lovely jewelry are all available at this shopping village.’
- ‘Over 40 international brands will form part of this new shopping village.’
- ‘If you are expecting a designer shopping village similar to the American or British experience, however, you will feel let down.’
- ‘Third World will entertain at the Half Moon Street Carnival at the hotel's shopping village on October 2.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.