Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The area occupied by a shop.‘corner shoplot to let’
- ‘At one section of the shoplot was a partition where eight computers fitted with gambling software were placed.’
- ‘The total land area is 1,440 sq. feet and the shoplot itself is a 2-storey structure measuring about 18 1/2 feet by 72 feet on each floor.’
- ‘The ceremony was held at the shoplots’ premises, located in Mukah new township.’
- ‘Subsequently, he alights from his machine opposite a stairway of the shoplot, removes his helmet and makes a call from his cell phone.’
- ‘Over the next two days, Federal narcotics department officers raided several shoplots and a luxury service apartment.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.