One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job it is to fit the counters, shelves, etc. with which a shop is equipped.
- ‘The company also has an expanding contracting division which provides a design and installation service to a number of building firms and shopfitters.’
- ‘Once a site is chosen, the company brings in a team of shopfitters to put its own style on it - which takes about six weeks.’
- ‘The other survivors from Yeadon were James Coffey, 31, an accountant, of Warm Lane, and Darren Auton, 35, a shopfitter, of Greenlea Close.’
- ‘It was obvious that the shopfitters had been back as all was now in order.’
- ‘Mr Hardcastle, 30, of Highfield, Withernsea, was a shopfitter and father of two young children, and had gone out for the evening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.