One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area provided with targets for the controlled practice of shooting.
- ‘The chairman's suggestion: spend more time at the driving range and less at the shooting range.’
- ‘Practicing or sighting in on a public shooting range is a sure way to become very unpopular.’
- ‘He extends his shooting range to 10 feet, hits free throws, learns to put the ball on the floor occasionally.’
- ‘The shooting range at Bath university yesterday provided my chance to compete alongside the Olympians.’
- ‘In accordance with the new law on the control of firearms, all training centres, weapons instructors and shooting ranges have to be accredited by the police.’
- ‘Normal conversations are possible at the shooting range and the sounds of wild turkeys or elk may be heard from long distances.’
- ‘They walked into a giant shooting range were Cody could see Barbra circling the area.’
- ‘Davis hired a shooting coach last summer and worked on extending his shooting range.’
- ‘They include a shooting range in Surrey, a yachting facility, and several training camps dotted around the country.’
- ‘Do mass shootings ever occur in police stations, shooting ranges or gun shows?’
- ‘The idea was to use these empty bowling alleys as shooting ranges for the light guns and simulated clay pigeons with solar-celled light detectors.’
- ‘Speaking of shooting stuff, a detour led to the shooting range in the basement, where a disconcerting number of bullet marks were way off target.’
- ‘Rifle events are held on shooting ranges where competitors shoot at targets at distances of 10 and 50 metres.’
- ‘However Steve looked like the target dummy on a shooting range.’
- ‘We had lots of guns in the locker in the indoor shooting range.’
- ‘But his shooting range is limited and he is below average as a free-throw shooter.’
- ‘At one point she was the interim leader, but on the final shooting range she missed two targets and had to make penalty loops.’
- ‘They have had opportunities to practice in the shooting range, but never in the field.’
- ‘And let's turn our attention now away from the shooting range, to the race track.’
- ‘Two got into it at an FBI shooting range during a cookout at which alcohol was served.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.