One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For almost 30 years I've recycled my old tee shirts and used them for cleaning my shooting irons.’
- ‘He should look like a fellow who knows his way around a shooting iron, but he doesn't take them out every night and talk to them.’
- ‘As my eyes age, it just might give me the edge I need to continue shooting iron sights.’
- ‘This is not to say if you are looking for an excuse - I mean a reason - to get a new shooting iron, that you shouldn't seize this opportunity to get one that is ‘just right.’’
- ‘He is acutely aware that cowboy guns, although replicas of 19th century shooting irons, are still lethal weapons, not toys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.