One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is not to say if you are looking for an excuse - I mean a reason - to get a new shooting iron, that you shouldn't seize this opportunity to get one that is ‘just right.’’
- ‘He is acutely aware that cowboy guns, although replicas of 19th century shooting irons, are still lethal weapons, not toys.’
- ‘As my eyes age, it just might give me the edge I need to continue shooting iron sights.’
- ‘For almost 30 years I've recycled my old tee shirts and used them for cleaning my shooting irons.’
- ‘He should look like a fellow who knows his way around a shooting iron, but he doesn't take them out every night and talk to them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.