One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A padded waterproof coat with large pockets, worn when shooting game.
- ‘I put my windbreaker on under my shooting coat and was able to get warm enough to give it a try.’
- ‘When you purchase a Storm coat, you become the proud owner of the finest shooting coat ever made.’
- ‘Our custom-tailored waterproof shooting coats were designed by shooters for shooters.’
- ‘Since there are several styles of shooting coats of varying cost, the shooter is advised to try out several types before making an investment.’
- ‘Once you get to using a shooting coat, you'll have your sling a lot tighter, and you'll see that you most likely couldn't bear the pain of the sling on your hand without a glove.’
- ‘Our line of shooting accessories includes shooting coats, vests, soft cases, glasses, shells, and a large selection of choke tubes.’
- ‘I just wanted to take a moment to drop you a line to thank you for the exceptional shooting coats that you produce.’
- ‘When you look for a shooting coat remember it is supposed to be stiff and it is supposed to be a little tight.’
- ‘All shooting is done from the offhand position, and no shooting coats, hooked buttplates, gloves, or slings are allowed.’
- ‘This coat is fully waterproof lined and has the technical features associated with shooting coats.’
- 1.1archaic term for morning coat
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.