One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lodge used by hunters in the shooting season.
house, cottage, cabin, chaletView synonyms
- ‘As I reach the shooting box I focus first on stepping into the shooting box and hitting my marker with the strong side leg.’
- ‘Straight downrange from the shooting box were two Pepper poppers at 10 yards.’
- ‘Let's say I'm moving to a shooting box from which I'll be engaging easy targets.’
- ‘Or they reach the next shooting box still fumbling with a reload.’
- ‘The house itself, a mere shooting box of about fifteen rooms, built in the style of the last century, had an air of neglect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.