One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lodge used by hunters in the shooting season.
house, cottage, cabin, chaletView synonyms
- ‘As I reach the shooting box I focus first on stepping into the shooting box and hitting my marker with the strong side leg.’
- ‘Or they reach the next shooting box still fumbling with a reload.’
- ‘Straight downrange from the shooting box were two Pepper poppers at 10 yards.’
- ‘The house itself, a mere shooting box of about fifteen rooms, built in the style of the last century, had an air of neglect.’
- ‘Let's say I'm moving to a shooting box from which I'll be engaging easy targets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.