Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lodge used by hunters in the shooting season.
house, cottage, cabin, chaletView synonyms
- ‘Or they reach the next shooting box still fumbling with a reload.’
- ‘The house itself, a mere shooting box of about fifteen rooms, built in the style of the last century, had an air of neglect.’
- ‘As I reach the shooting box I focus first on stepping into the shooting box and hitting my marker with the strong side leg.’
- ‘Straight downrange from the shooting box were two Pepper poppers at 10 yards.’
- ‘Let's say I'm moving to a shooting box from which I'll be engaging easy targets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.