One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- variant spelling of songololo
- ‘Mandy's formative years were spent in the velds and forests of the Northern Transvaal collecting shongololos and pulling the wings off insects.’
- ‘She was fascinated by it, told anyone who was willing to listen, and abandoned her mission to seek and pry open shongololos.’
- ‘The kids have also produced a range of beautiful, whimsical mobiles of chameleons, shongololos, birds, fish, stars and planets made out of junk and found objects.’
- ‘The number of legs touching the ground depends on the speed at which the shongololo needs to move.’
- ‘But it doesn't matter, I saw a shongololo and that was cool.’
- ‘It was the weirdest thing, the shongololo was crawling across the floor and when I touched it it curled into its typical little curl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.