One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Ashikaga military clan took control of the shogunate and moved its headquarters back to Kyoto, to the Muromachi district of the city.’
- ‘By the way, the great master Hiroshige was the son of a fire warden in the service of the shogunate.’
- ‘During the early part of the 17th century, Japan's shogunate suspected that the traders and missionaries were actually forerunners of a military conquest by European powers.’
- ‘Day after day thousands of people die of confessing their loyalty to the Tokugawa shogunate.’
- ‘The present temples were mostly reopened after the formation of the Tokugawa shogunate.’
- ‘Yoritomo's kamakura shogunate was replaced in 1333 by the Ashikaga shogunate, but its rule was one of prolonged civil strife.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.