One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of rock music characterized by a sound in which the distinctions between separate instruments and vocals are blurred.‘we're influenced by an array of different genres ranging from shoegazing to 90s acid house’‘a rich sound that encompasses elements of shoegaze, psychedelia, and krautrock’as modifier ‘a post-punk shoegaze band’
- ‘You can chart a gradual progression from the comforting confines of shoegaze towards a disturbing mish-mash of fuzzed-up guitars and dark drum patterns.’
- ‘They've created a much heavier and diverse album this time around, with influences ranging from shoegaze to goth rock and death metal.’
- ‘But shoegazing is not exactly Pete's style.’
- ‘Now the history books tell us grunge killed off shoegazing.’
- ‘Now, over ten years later, shoegaze is enjoying something of a renaissance.’
- ‘Recalling the murky, effects-laden shoegazing of the early '90s, the sophomore album by Seattle duo Tagging Sattelites is quite the retro affair.’
- ‘Guitar-based shoegaze records are tough sells these days.’
- ‘Some of those shoegaze bands sounded great.’
- ‘The link between electronica and shoegazing is made more explicit every day.’
- ‘It was not influenced by shoegazing as a genre, but rather as a principle.’
1990s: from the supposed tendency of the performers to look down (especially in order to operate guitar effects pedals) rather than at the audience.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.