One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for whale-headed stork
- ‘First, the skulls of those birds are totally and dramatically dissimilar, and second, does this mean that the shoebill is extinct?’
- ‘Fortunately, once on the island, we found two more shoebills that stayed motionless among the papyrus, giving us long and lasting memories.’
- ‘The shoebill is a large and dark grey bird that looks almost prehistoric.’
- ‘In the Lochinvar, regarded as Zambia's prime birds sanctuary, there is the crested cranes, saddle-bill storks, egrets, wood ibis, vultures and the rare shoebill stork.’
- ‘It is one of the few places you may be lucky enough to see a shoebill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.