One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It gives them a different status, I'd think, than some shoddily tacked together apartment house in the Marina, knowingly built on a fault line.’
- ‘The teachers at the school feel they have been treated shoddily and are concerned about finding future employment in the city.’
- ‘Drab high-rise, shoddily constructed buildings in poorly designed developments have shot up everywhere.’
- ‘That's because the first version of Shakespeare's Hamlet sold by booksellers was a pirated copy, a shoddily written rip-off not authorised by the Bard.’
- ‘And why should the human reproductive system be so shoddily designed?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.