One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vibrant shade of pink.
- ‘In other stalls you can find shocking pink fabric covered with Chinese symbols, a record as old as your grandfather and silver jewelry.’
- ‘The CD itself is a luscious shade of shocking pink.’
- ‘The vessel, painted in royal blue with white wheelhouse and just a touch of shocking pink on top, is currently moored in the channel at Rosses Point.’
- ‘The singer wore shocking pink and the other band members donned powder blue.’
- ‘Standing by were stepladders, sieves and sacks of sawdust, dyed peacock, emperor, yellow, emerald, shocking pink and black.’
- ‘In the midst of my surprise I am vaguely aware of another shocking pink object in my peripheral vision, moving rapidly towards me.’
- ‘Canary yellow, shocking pink, electric blue and bright orange show off a joyful, forever-young attitude.’
- ‘Over a glass of lemon tea in her office-cum-playroom, decorated in shocking pink and blue, I took a look at what true success has brought to this shy, retiring individual.’
- ‘You can see them in the streets of Shiraz, flashes of shocking pink or blue kicking out from under their demur black chador.’
- ‘On this occasion she was wearing shocking pink hot pants and cowboy boots.’
- ‘A new energy emerged from some of the glaring colors, such as shocking pink, scotchlight yellow, bright orange and lime green.’
- ‘The sleeves, supported by a stainless steel structure, form wing-like shoulders, making the model appear like an angelic carnival dancer who stumbled into a giant vat of shocking pink paint.’
- ‘Debbie stared in bewilderment at the principal, who had dyed her hair a shocking pink.’
- ‘Can you even imagine squeezing electric blue or shocking pink margarine on your toast in the morning?’
- ‘No one is credited in the program for costumes, but their emphasis on bold, solid colours: red, green and shocking pink are appropriately evocative of comic books.’
- ‘The oddest color I think I've seen was a fluorescent shocking pink compound that turned up in the lab next door when I was an undergraduate.’
- ‘The relish will be thick, creamy, chunky and shocking pink!’
- ‘Oversized shocking pink bears filled the backdrop, plastic watches and cheap costume brooches and bangles were crammed in the front showcase.’
- ‘Flowers of shocking pink seem poised to burst out of the canvas.’
- ‘The interior design would not be to everyone's taste, particularly the shocking pink and black kitchen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.