One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vibrant shade of pink.
- ‘The interior design would not be to everyone's taste, particularly the shocking pink and black kitchen.’
- ‘The relish will be thick, creamy, chunky and shocking pink!’
- ‘On this occasion she was wearing shocking pink hot pants and cowboy boots.’
- ‘The CD itself is a luscious shade of shocking pink.’
- ‘The sleeves, supported by a stainless steel structure, form wing-like shoulders, making the model appear like an angelic carnival dancer who stumbled into a giant vat of shocking pink paint.’
- ‘The vessel, painted in royal blue with white wheelhouse and just a touch of shocking pink on top, is currently moored in the channel at Rosses Point.’
- ‘A new energy emerged from some of the glaring colors, such as shocking pink, scotchlight yellow, bright orange and lime green.’
- ‘Standing by were stepladders, sieves and sacks of sawdust, dyed peacock, emperor, yellow, emerald, shocking pink and black.’
- ‘Canary yellow, shocking pink, electric blue and bright orange show off a joyful, forever-young attitude.’
- ‘No one is credited in the program for costumes, but their emphasis on bold, solid colours: red, green and shocking pink are appropriately evocative of comic books.’
- ‘The singer wore shocking pink and the other band members donned powder blue.’
- ‘In other stalls you can find shocking pink fabric covered with Chinese symbols, a record as old as your grandfather and silver jewelry.’
- ‘Oversized shocking pink bears filled the backdrop, plastic watches and cheap costume brooches and bangles were crammed in the front showcase.’
- ‘Debbie stared in bewilderment at the principal, who had dyed her hair a shocking pink.’
- ‘Flowers of shocking pink seem poised to burst out of the canvas.’
- ‘Can you even imagine squeezing electric blue or shocking pink margarine on your toast in the morning?’
- ‘Over a glass of lemon tea in her office-cum-playroom, decorated in shocking pink and blue, I took a look at what true success has brought to this shy, retiring individual.’
- ‘The oddest color I think I've seen was a fluorescent shocking pink compound that turned up in the lab next door when I was an undergraduate.’
- ‘You can see them in the streets of Shiraz, flashes of shocking pink or blue kicking out from under their demur black chador.’
- ‘In the midst of my surprise I am vaguely aware of another shocking pink object in my peripheral vision, moving rapidly towards me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.