One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Past the pool, the river becomes shoaly again as it prepares for the largest rapid on this section, Zoar Gap.’
- ‘The location of the sighting was on a creek bank just below fast moving water from a shoaly place in the creek.’
- ‘The shoaly, azure, clear ocean and the white beach may remind you of an island in the South Seas.’
- ‘The river being nearly two miles wide and very shoaly, they thought a trestle bridge could be made to stand.’
- ‘Handicapped by their size, the deep-draft vessels sailed two days out of sight of land along the shoaly Louisiana coast.’
- ‘Cook remarked in his journal on the shoaly nature of the bay, the type of country, the natives' habits and lifestyle and the huge bustard bird which was shot for the evening meal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.