Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dress with a collar and button fastening in the style of a shirt, typically cut without a seam at the waist.
- ‘Besides the usual suspects of cargo pants and combat shorts, look out for shirts with army-like detail and even shirt dresses for women.’
- ‘I have a black button-up shirt dress with three-quarter sleeves that I bought 5 years ago, and it always gets compliments, though it is one of the simplest items I own.’
- ‘It just happens - you'll find yourself relying more and more on that A-line shirt dress in your closet, or straight pants with a small percentage of Lycra.’
- ‘The film star got into terrible trouble after wearing a skirt with a Japanese flag pattern, but American women are welcomed to don shirt dresses with American flag prints.’
- ‘This summer, keep the shirt dress above the knee.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.