One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The design and construction of ships.‘naval shipbuilding was developing at a rapid pace’as modifier ‘the declining shipbuilding industry’
- ‘One of the first documentaries with a strong social conscience, it illustrates the social impact of shipbuilding on the depressed local economy.’
- ‘The state is focusing on 15 industries, from shipbuilding to aerospace engineering.’
- ‘During the age of sail, the Thames River region was the leading shipbuilding area in Britain.’
- ‘The documentary record for shipbuilding firms on the Thames is practically non-existent.’
- ‘The evolution of the shipbuilding tradition of Sulawesi is considered.’
- ‘The company often hires firms that have no shipbuilding experience to design critical spaces.’
- ‘By late 1899, he managed to acquire the goodwill of their insolvent shipbuilding business.’
- ‘However, Scotland's steel industry was over-reliant on the fluctuating fortunes of the British shipbuilding yards.’
- ‘He is currently revising his dissertation, a study of World War II merchant shipbuilding on San Francisco Bay, for publication.’
- ‘His empire was based in real estate, but he branched into everything from cotton to shipbuilding to insurance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.