One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broker who specializes in arranging charters, cargo space, and passenger bookings on ships.
- ‘In a letter received by shipowners, shipmanagers and shipbrokers earlier this week, the sea school said it needed outside sponsorship to help cover the expected cut in funding.’
- ‘The Florida-based company is not a shipbroker, but a ship manager.’
- ‘Now, what was the last working coal puffer in Scotland is being marketed by an Ardrossan shipbroker for £60,000.’
- ‘Many shipbrokers and ship managers are based in Hong Kong because many ships are owned or controlled here, it has excellent communications and is a good place for expatriates to live.’
- ‘The Norwegian shipbroker said spot charter rates for a 74,000 dwt bulk carrier had fallen from a higher of US $53,500 this year to US $16,100 a day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.