One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Trying to focus, he saw the familiar homely face of what was fondly and sometimes not so fondly known as the ship of the desert: a camel.’
- ‘Thanks to God for creating camel, the ‘ship of the desert’, with all its saintly traits of survival.’
- ‘But biotechnologists believe the ship of the desert may still have much to offer humanity due to its remarkable resistance to disease.’
- ‘It must have been a long journey for these ships of the desert.’
- ‘For Lawrence the camel was indeed a ship of the desert.’
- ‘The river was mostly a trickle and the going fairly tough, with much scrambling over large rocks, but the ships of the desert took it well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.