One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the same way, Christ was to be shiningly visible; indeed, that was the very purpose of all history.’
- ‘He wears the outfit of the young man about town, jeans, a colourful t-shirt, shiningly bright white trainers, a thick silver chain round his neck and one on his wrist, but there is a depth, too.’
- ‘And in those eyes, she saw a soul that was shiningly pure, and innocent.’
- ‘Nearby, hucksters sell postcards of the skyline, in which the towers remain shiningly intact.’
- ‘With industries closing and population falling, the economic and demographic realities of the north-west are not shiningly positive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.