One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The cube's two halves slot together like an infuriating Christmas cracker puzzle and the four minimally printed CDs sit shinily in separate slots.’
- ‘Why is it that the more shinily realistic graphics get, the worse the people in the games look?’
- ‘Its stainless-steel panels perforated by a grid of numerous small holes are either shinily opaque or surprisingly transparent, depending on your angle of view.’
- ‘He is smooth-faced and shaved shinily bald.’
- ‘It's about the size of four phone boxes knocked through, but it's very new, and shinily neat and bright.’
- ‘It's the same colour as before only more shinily and evenly so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.