One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a good quality or skill) be clearly evident.‘at Murrayfield his talent shone through’
- ‘His dedication to the reasons for making music at all shine through clearly both on record and in his spirited live performances.’
- ‘The media and governments may hound us, but quality will always shine through.’
- ‘His knowledge of football in general is second to none and his never-ending research in days prior to matchdays clearly shines through.’
- ‘But once you get that sorted, the underlying strength of the brand and the quality of the product shines through.’
- ‘Worked hard and his skill shone through but caused few problems for their defence.’
- ‘The food was mainly pretty good and the quality of the ingredients shone through, even where the combinations worked less well for us.’
- ‘His evident sincerity and resolve shone through once again; he is his own best weapon.’
- ‘Not as exotic as some might like, but the quality shone through.’
- ‘As soon as they hit the stage, the star quality shines through loud and clear.’
- ‘Her love of the English language was always evident and shone through her many and varied readings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.