Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A register that is designed to allow the bits of its contents to be moved to left or right.
- ‘The position information indicative of the selected signal block is appended to a queue of a shift register and position information is output from a head of the queue.’
- ‘On the basis of a parallel output from the shift register, a decoder determines whether the detection of the pre-pit synchronization signal is accurate or erroneous.’
- ‘A data transmission is performed each time the coincidence signal is received in a transmission shift register.’
- ‘The parts accept serial data through Serial Peripheral Interface and use an internal shift register and latches to set the data for each of the LED outputs.’
- ‘The shift register is shifted either left or right one symbol.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.