One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A native or inhabitant of the Shetland Islands.‘the young Shetlander got drunk with a friend’
- ‘The Coventry-born musician and the dark-haired Shetlander became inseparable.’
- ‘As a Shetlander, I have always considered the Hebrides lush and luxurious.’
- ‘Like many Shetlanders, he believes the islands, colonised by Vikings in the ninth century, have a distinct identity.’
- ‘The Shetlander is in charge of a union that is difficult to lead.’
- ‘The Shetlanders are resourceful people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.