One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Scotland) each of six chief judges.
- ‘These powers are in addition to any which the judge or sheriff principal might lawfully exercise apart from this section.’
- ‘The independent Judicial Appointments Board makes recommendations to ministers for appointment of judges, sheriffs principal and sheriffs.’
- ‘Now the sheriff and sheriff principal construe reg.17 as meaning, in effect, that damage will be deemed to occur ‘only when the specified circumstances apply’ or at least ‘in particular’ when these circumstances apply.’
- ‘The sheriff principal said that the purpose of the time limit is to ensure continuity of compulsory measures where a patient needs those measures.’
- ‘The sheriff principal will give his ruling in the next few days, which is why Collins has refused all interviews in recent days, and politely declined to comment to Scotland on Sunday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.