One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Neither should the guest kick any animal, or chase the host's shepherd dog or the guard dog.’
- ‘The other group winners included a beagle called Harry; a smooth coat chihuahua called Astro; Marnie a Japanese shiba inu; Rosco an English setter; Phil the giant schnauzer and India, a Belgian shepherd dog.’
- ‘A shepherd dog walks by and bristles at the dead body of Curley's wife.’
- ‘Before he could turn and make his escape, two large shepherd dogs had encircled him.’
- ‘A 1356 wooden carving located in the Belgian city of Leuven depicts a shepherd dog with all the physical characteristics of a schipperke.’
- ‘Besides llamas, they maintain some 60 small sheep, a kitten and two black shepherd dogs.’
- ‘The second defendant has said that there are 18 dogs on the premises including five adult shepherd dogs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.