One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Where appropriate, shelvers will note if there are other copies of the book, or other books on the subject on the shelf.’
- ‘But the most important job lesson came from observing what we shelvers called the ‘lifers’: the full-time, professional librarians, and the amazing bitterness some of them exhibited.’
- ‘And several times the shelvers came up to me and smiled and thanked me.’
- ‘But having once been hired as a shelver and fired for incompetence a few hours later, I can attest that library work is larger than it appears in the side mirror.’
- ‘They are asking shelvers to specify their preferred times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.