One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sleeveless top, typically having button fastenings down the back and a simple shape with a high neckline.
- ‘There are baggy cinched-ankle satin pants, sexy cotton pinafores, and embroidered T-shirts, perforated tulle overlays, crystal beaded dresses and sheer shell tops.’
- ‘He showed tulle mini-skirts (in black and pink) with shell tops, lovely, effortless cardigans with beaded borders, and cute ribbon-wrapped sweaters garnished with beaded ballerina flowers.’
- ‘The suit had a matching knee length skirt, shell top and shift dress; with the chiffon blouses she already had they would do for several different outfits.’
- ‘She then used the towel to try and soak up some of the water from her suit and hair, removing her jacket and throwing it across a desk as it had soaked up most of the water so she could focus on trying to make the satiny shell top a little less clingy.’
- ‘Huge blocks of pale turquoise were set off by strips of lemon yellow hems or belts, and oversized rainbow stripes crisscrossed the body on dresses and shell tops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.