One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sleeveless top, typically having button fastenings down the back and a simple shape with a high neckline.
- ‘The suit had a matching knee length skirt, shell top and shift dress; with the chiffon blouses she already had they would do for several different outfits.’
- ‘He showed tulle mini-skirts (in black and pink) with shell tops, lovely, effortless cardigans with beaded borders, and cute ribbon-wrapped sweaters garnished with beaded ballerina flowers.’
- ‘She then used the towel to try and soak up some of the water from her suit and hair, removing her jacket and throwing it across a desk as it had soaked up most of the water so she could focus on trying to make the satiny shell top a little less clingy.’
- ‘Huge blocks of pale turquoise were set off by strips of lemon yellow hems or belts, and oversized rainbow stripes crisscrossed the body on dresses and shell tops.’
- ‘There are baggy cinched-ankle satin pants, sexy cotton pinafores, and embroidered T-shirts, perforated tulle overlays, crystal beaded dresses and sheer shell tops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.