One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A program which provides an interface between the user and the operating system.
- ‘Had his tests not been outstanding he would have been rejected from the shell program before he even began.’
- ‘I had to put together a couple of simple shell programs attached to icons for the nontechnically inclined teachers, but nothing difficult, and the students haven't found the games (yet).’
- ‘There were instances where I tried to exit the pinball engine only to find that the shell program still assumes my game is in progress.’
- ‘Most RM Window Box sales - a shell program designed for schools - come from schools buying the RM hardware and software combined.’
- ‘As the feedback from the example above indicates, it uses the system Bourne shell program to interpret the user-provided program statements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.