One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A program which provides an interface between the user and the operating system.
- ‘As the feedback from the example above indicates, it uses the system Bourne shell program to interpret the user-provided program statements.’
- ‘Most RM Window Box sales - a shell program designed for schools - come from schools buying the RM hardware and software combined.’
- ‘I had to put together a couple of simple shell programs attached to icons for the nontechnically inclined teachers, but nothing difficult, and the students haven't found the games (yet).’
- ‘There were instances where I tried to exit the pinball engine only to find that the shell program still assumes my game is in progress.’
- ‘Had his tests not been outstanding he would have been rejected from the shell program before he even began.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.