Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A delicate pale pink.
- ‘The inner ear is a delicate, almost transparent, shell pink.’
- ‘The master bedroom is decorated in shell pink with a white wooden ceiling and blue carpeting.’
- ‘She was wearing black mascara and eyeliner, her eye shadow was a light shell pink.’
- ‘Tangerine, vermilion, blood red, lollipop pink and magenta are only slightly tempered by butter cream, shell pink and even lime green blooms.’
- ‘As to the colours, cream, beige, khaki, fawn, tan, gold, silver, bronze and shell pink will be in the leading roles.’
- ‘Light linen tones, cream, beige, fawn and shell pink look great together or with white, which creates a sophisticated and cool chic.’
- ‘Another good choice is Color Palette Cupid, a mixture of blossoms in shades of lavender, rose pink, shell pink, purple, and white on 10-in.-tall plants.’
- ‘In flight it was easily identifiable by the long neck and soft shell-pink that tinged its entire under-wing.’
- ‘Looking up from painting her nails a delicate shell pink, she followed her sister's gaze.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.