One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for shell heap
- ‘‘The shell mound is especially vulnerable to damage from typhoons,’ he said.’
- ‘They reported 62 species of vascular plants on a shell mound at Cedar Island, Mississippi.’
- ‘The majority of clues about food usage come from the study of collections of animal bones, sea-food shell mounds, plant food remnants, and faecal remains, at or close to sites of human habitation.’
- ‘Archaic shell mounds and midden mounds are then the scene where the rest of the story unfolds: these ‘domestilocalities', as Smith calls them, are the crux of his formulation.’
- ‘Moreover, the shell mounds beneath them are heavily contaminated with chemicals and metals from years of drilling and ought to be excavated and removed along with the foundations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.