One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for shell heap
- ‘Moreover, the shell mounds beneath them are heavily contaminated with chemicals and metals from years of drilling and ought to be excavated and removed along with the foundations.’
- ‘The majority of clues about food usage come from the study of collections of animal bones, sea-food shell mounds, plant food remnants, and faecal remains, at or close to sites of human habitation.’
- ‘‘The shell mound is especially vulnerable to damage from typhoons,’ he said.’
- ‘They reported 62 species of vascular plants on a shell mound at Cedar Island, Mississippi.’
- ‘Archaic shell mounds and midden mounds are then the scene where the rest of the story unfolds: these ‘domestilocalities', as Smith calls them, are the crux of his formulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.