One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An egg bought or sold in its natural state in the shell.
- ‘‘Eggs are a great nutritional food and we want - through this innovation - to remove all barriers that may prevent consumption of shell eggs,’ he says.’
- ‘Many find they taste just like shell eggs and cook like shell eggs.’
- ‘Pasteurized shell eggs began appearing on major supermarket shelves, in hospital kitchens and in major restaurant and hotel chains along the East Coast this spring.’
- ‘Valued at 5.2 million, the children's shell eggs represent 27 per cent of the total Easter egg market.’
- ‘Fresh shell eggs can be kept refrigerated in their carton for at least 4-5 weeks beyond the pack date.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.