One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An egg bought or sold in its natural state in the shell.
- ‘‘Eggs are a great nutritional food and we want - through this innovation - to remove all barriers that may prevent consumption of shell eggs,’ he says.’
- ‘Fresh shell eggs can be kept refrigerated in their carton for at least 4-5 weeks beyond the pack date.’
- ‘Valued at 5.2 million, the children's shell eggs represent 27 per cent of the total Easter egg market.’
- ‘Many find they taste just like shell eggs and cook like shell eggs.’
- ‘Pasteurized shell eggs began appearing on major supermarket shelves, in hospital kitchens and in major restaurant and hotel chains along the East Coast this spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.