One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small unseparated sheet of postage stamps.
- ‘A square stamp, produced in sheetlets of ten, provides the required flexibility and style.’
- ‘The sheetlet features a panda in the background and each of the six stamps features a different panda image.’
- ‘In September 2004, the Jamaican government released a series of stamp sheetlets featuring people who have distinguished themselves in their contributions to the country's tourism industry.’
- ‘Both the sheetlets and the booklet were designed by Bon Kwan and printed in Lithography by Walsall Security Printers in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘The sheetlets of seven were later made available in uncut panes of four sheetlets, with horizontal and vertical gutters.’
- ‘The sheetlets will be issued Friday at United Nations Headquarters in New York City, Geneva, Switzerland and Vienna.’
- ‘An image of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Pacific Explorer 2005 logo are printed in the selvedge of the sheetlet.’
- ‘Stamps are issued in sheetlets of 8 stamps.’
- ‘No orders for Gold Medallists stamps or sheetlets will be fulfilled until after the Games have ended and we recommend consolidating your purchases in a single order.’
- ‘The posting sheetlets are loosely held together in a manner whereby an individual posting sheetlet is easily removed and used as a base.’
- ‘Print runs were 47,500 per digital sheetlet and in much higher numbers for the offset sheetlets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.